Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your experience and work with amazing people who will support your growth? If you're ready to work on fast paced projects with one of the largest electrical contractors in the nation, then we want to hear from you. Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED which means you have the opportunity to be a company owner. It's one of the best places to grow your career and work along side of people who care about great work and supporting one another. For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the administration of the job site safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. **Please note, the hours for this position are from 11pm to 7am starting in San Francisco**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct regular walk thorough inspections of construction areas
- Assist in identifying, documenting and recommending mitigation of hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions; follow through to ensure corrections have been made.
- Assist with investigating incidents, injuries and property damage; including compiling data, taking photographs and completing proper documentation
- Assist with compiling data, photographs, etc.; prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents.
- Issue various permits (i.e. Hot Work, Confined Space, etc…) as required
- Assist in emergency rescues as required. Assist in maintaining fire protection and grounding systems.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis for specific tasks and focus on field hazard recognition/correction
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the needs of the site and safety/field management varying by location, within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three (3) years of safety experience on large, similar type construction projects that is representative of the planned construction activities (rail experience)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30 Construction Certification
- CPR – First Aid Certification
- Can be a combination of training, education, and relevant work experience that is equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Outreach Training.
- Current First Aid and CPR training from a provider recognized by OSHA.
- Ability to conduct effective Toolbox meetings and provide basic safety training.
- Ability to initiate emergency procedures or protocols.
- Sufficient knowledge to recognize a hazard and the authority to correct hazards.
- Working understanding of safety practices, OSHA regulations, and the DISTRICT OCIP program necessary to perform the responsibilities as an AHSR.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow-up skills
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others.
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, and an effective team player
- The ability communicate effectively with the field staff.