McCarthy Building Companies
At Royal Electric, we provide expert electric design, construction, and service with builders, contractors, and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to achieving exceptional results. We sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!
The safety coordinator is responsible for the safety efforts of one large project or several complex projects. The safety coordinator is responsible for overall administration of safety guidelines on projects.
- Monitor safety efforts of subcontractors and McCarthy employees, conducting project safety “Tool Box” meetings weekly and enforcing safety guidelines utilizing disciplinary policy
- Ensure that the procedures outlined in the Site Specific Safety Manual are implemented on the project site
- Oversee issuance of new hire safety documents and lead the immersion of new employees and subcontractors into the McCarthy safety culture
- Coordinate with project supervision to ensure personal protective equipment/safety materials and first aid supplies are available and utilized, and all safety documents are posted on-site
- Maintain project OSHA 300 log of injuries/illnesses, investigating all reports and coordinating corrective measures
- Conduct safety/health inspections, coordinating responses and compliance reports
- Record/forward copies of all safety-related meetings, programs, citations, etc. to division safety director
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 3+ years of experience managing safety efforts of large healthcare or commercial projects preferred
- Ability to work with all construction groups – management, owners, trades and subcontractors
- Ability to manage/administer safety orientations, oversee substance abuse program, investigate/report on injuries/illnesses/near misses and perform other various safety functions on-site
- Excellent communication, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills