Rosendin is an employee-owned electrical contractor. With revenues approaching $2 billion, Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company. For more information, visit https://www.rosendin.com/.
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your experience and work with amazing people who will support your growth? If you're ready to work on fast paced projects with one of the largest electrical contractors in the nation, then we want to hear from you. Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED which means you have the opportunity to be a company owner. It's one of the best places to grow your career and work along side of people who care about great work and supporting one another. For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Safety Manager ( Renewables ) is responsible for administering the project safety programs to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform frequent audits of all work areas. Provide safety expertise in response to all identified deficiencies and requests for safety assistance.
- Prepare professional reports, conduct safety briefings, act as company spokesperson for all safety issues, and research and answer all safety questions and concerns.
- Resolve all safety issues and provide emergency response as needed that arise from customers, employees, and company managers.
- Develop and implement safety program elements, as needed, to comply with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Perform comprehensive, in-depth investigations of all injury and loss incidents, identify all causal factors, develop and implement measures to prevent recurrence, and follow up to ensure long-term resolution
- Conduct safety training, testing and record keeping for all employees (HazCom, Fall Protection, Energized Electrical Work, Lockout/Tag out, etc.)
- Coordinate with company management team and customer agencies to ensure all safety requirements are identified, communicated to employees, and fulfilled
- Manage the safety program budget, planning, acquiring, controlling, and distributing all safety equipment, supplies, and training aids
- Responsible for injury case management; coordination with insurance representatives and vendors
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Occupational Safety & Health, or related field preferred.
- OSHA 30 Construction Certification
- CPR – First Aid Certification
- OSHA 500 Certification preferred
- Professional Safety Certification (i.e.: Construction Health & Safety Tech (CHST) preferred
- Minimum 2 years of safety construction experience. Can be combination of training, education, and relevant work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations & recommend corrective measures is essential
- Thorough understanding of all federal, state and local regulations
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, record-keeping and follow- up skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- General work environment – sitting, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted in both indoor office settings, and outdoor constructions jobsite settings. Environmental conditions will vary
- Noise level varies based on location
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.