For 50 years Royal Electric Company had been deemed the "Best Subcontractor on the Project" by our customers. We are a company of talented and energetic professionals who simply love to build great things. We pride ourselves on building projects that are complicated, with tight schedules or with challenges that many other contractors would shy away from. We choose to work for customers who share our passion for construction. Royal Electric Company's specialties span from Commericial-Industrial, Design Build, Airports & Airfield Lighting and Control Systems, Highway Technology/Traffic Management & Operations, Education, Underground Dry Utilities, Multi-Family Residential, Underground Directional Drilling, Tenant Improvements and 24-Hour Electrical Service.
At Royal Electric Company we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to each other towards achieving exceptional results.
We are able to sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!
We have a current opening for a Virtual Construction Modeler I at our Sacramento, CA office.
The Virtual Construction Modeler I will be responsible for creating model content, install drawings, and point layouts for their assigned projects.
Success in the position is achieved through the following duties & responsibilities:
- Create model content from electrical contract drawings, markups, and sketches.
- Participate in BIM coordination meetings and represent company when required.
- Resolve trade clashes while maintaining constructability of the work and minimizing impacts to project budget.
- Create drawings from coordinated model for fabrication and install.
- Create Trimble layout files from model and/or directly from contract drawings and markups.
- Review and correct own 2D and 3D work for accuracy and completeness prior to submitting for review or install.
- Mentor and review work of entry level VC staff when needed.
- 3-5 years’ experience in BIM for electrical.
- Proficiency with Autodesk, Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to understand and work with complex families.
- Ability to create simple parametric families based on project needs required.
- Familiarity with Trimble Field Points software is a plus.
- Proficiency with Bluebeam, PlanGrid, BIM 360 Docs, and BIM 360 Glue.
- Ability to create and manipulate schedules for creating take offs and BOM’s.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor software issues independently.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Must be a self-starter with good communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Windows and MS Office.
- Ability to read and understand drawings from multiple disciplines.