Building California's future
Learn more about the people and purpose behind Build California
BUILD CALIFORNIA IS A CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY REBRANDING AND RECRUITMENT CAMPAIGN.
MISSION & VISION
Our unique approach is defined by an ability to:
- Build California’s pioneering approach utilizes a mix of marketing, advertising, public relations, and grassroots outreach tactics in order to actively engage with Californians of all ages about the lucrative, long-term, and immediate benefits of careers in the state’s construction industry.
With immediate, long term career opportunities – and not simply short term, or seasonal jobs – in California’s construction industry, Build California seeks to provide a sustainable and stable pathway for millions of residents across the Golden State.
- We want to create a steady, motivated, and skilled workforce pipeline. To do this we have to change perceptions about the 21st-century construction industry in order to increase the number of construction professionals and access to information and opportunities for economic advancement.
- Our successes will be measured by our ability to communicate an accurate, engaging message so that pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship and degree programs seeing meaningful increases in applications for years to come.
- Build California is led by AGC of California through the AGC Construction Education Foundation (CEF). This effort exemplifies AGC CA's continued commitment and organizational responsibility to fostering a healthy and diverse construction workforce that will continue to build California’s future.
A diverse coalition of industry stakeholders has joined together to support and amplify our efforts across the state for years to come.
- Build California does not offer training directly. Our website includes the state's most comprehensive database of training pathways, including accredited apprenticeship programs and college degree options.
- Educators will have access to FREE tools developed by Build California to use in classrooms, training programs, and events. You can also request additional information to get involved through career fairs and event activation efforts by contacting us via the form below.
- If you're interested in joining Build California's efforts and having exclusive access to our resources, materials, and marketing opportunities, contact us here.
- Follow the sign-up link, connect with us on social media, and tell us more about yourself/your organization.
Become a Build California Ambassador! Students, parents, educators, and influencers need to hear from a network of passionate individuals who not only know the industry but walk the walk every day.
The Build California Coalition is a group of diverse organizations from across California’s construction industry providing resources and support to the AGC Construction Education Foundation and Build California. Coalition members represent all areas of the industry, including AGC members, public agencies, private owners, associations, unions, apprenticeship programs, and other non-profits focused on and committed to developing the next generation of skilled, effective and motivated construction workforce.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO JOIN THE COALITION, CONTACT US HERE.
- ACE Mentor Program of America
- Blach Construction
- BuildOUT California
- California Construction Expo (CalCon)
- Construction Industry Education Foundation
- Dragados USA
- Griffith Company
- Milwaukee Tool
- Myers & Sons Construction
- Pro-Craft Construction, Inc.
- Royal Electric
- Seals Construction
- Skanska USA Civil West
- Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters
- Southern California Partnership for Jobs
- Sully-Miller Contracting Co.
- Women in Construction Operations (WiOPS)
- XYZ University
- AGC North Bay District Board
- AGC San Francisco District Board
- Built Robotics
- Hensel Phelps
- Independent Construction Company
- Marina Landscape, Inc.
- Northern California Carpenters Regional Council
- Northern California Laborers Training Center
- NOVA Group, Inc.
- Ortiz Enterprises
- Underground Construction Co., Inc.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? GET IN TOUCHContact us
Only 9 percent of Generation Z is interested in a future in construction.* It’s up to us, the industry, that quite literally builds our state, to change that number and transform our...continue reading
California’s construction industry is thriving! Whether you’re college-bound or looking for opportunities to start working right after high school, this inclusive, dynamic industry has a fulfilling career path that’s perfect...continue reading
Build California is a comprehensive and innovative statewide effort to inspire a new generation of construction professionals led by Associated General Contractors of California (AGC CA) through the AGC Construction...continue reading
The construction industry is constantly evolving. If you’re into gaming, website development, robotics, and new gadgets, you’ll be thrilled to know construction and technology go hand-in-hand. The latest developments in...continue reading
All month long, we’ve been sharing information on how technology and construction go hand in hand to make the building process safer and more efficient. Today, we get to dive...continue reading
In 2019, families and communities across the state were impacted by wildfires, storms, floods, and countless other natural disasters. According to the California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection, 5,600...continue reading
For Immediate Release February 26, 2020 Build California Launches Enhanced Website & Online Store SACRAMENTO – Today, Build California announced the launch of its enhanced website, buildcalifornia.com. The...continue reading