As one of the oldest American-owned construction companies with offices nationally, knowing how to build from early in the design phase through completion is a tradition that will continue as we endeavor to advance the value of our expertise and deliver the highest quality, job-site safety and ultimately, the best final project costs. We strive to challenge and positively impact our industry. Unlike many firms of our size, we are true builders, surpassing client expectations on the most complex building challenges. McCarthy has built in nearly every state, with projects ranging in size from $1 million to well over $500 million in a wide variety of markets including healthcare, university, laboratory & science, K-12 education, commercial, government, renewable energy and heavy/civil. McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
McCarthy is currently accepting applications for Union Cement Masons and Finishers with experience on large construction job sites. This role is essential and is responsible for smoothing out, leveling and finishing freshly poured concrete at job or construction sites.
- Finish concrete to meet horizontal tolerances and finish specs from hard trowel to heavy broom
- Use bull float, broom and trowel machines to finish surface
- Patch horizontal and vertical concrete (class C to class A finish per ACI standards)
- Wear respirator for grinding and other required operations (Silica Competent Person Training will be provided by McCarthy)
Skills & Qualifications
- Concrete Finishing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ability to use screeds and trowel float to smooth concrete
- Ability to ladders/stairs and tie-off to forms and lifts
- Experience with patching that meets ACI standards for horizontal and vertical applications
- Experience checking grades/elevations prior to and during pour to ensure FF&L tolerances are met
- Ability to run a vibrator and/or work the pump hose
- Bilingual or Spanish speaking preferred but not required.