At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 115+ year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Southern Region Team. This position is responsible for overall administrative and technical direction on projects. The Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate engineering and scheduling activities of designated projects.Essential Functions
- Plan, organize and manage the field team with the Division Manager and Estimator.
- Establish project objectives with the Division Manager.
- Implement established corporate policies and procedures, including EEO and Affirmative Action responsibilities.
- Represent company by initiating and maintaining liaison with primary owner representatives.
- Attend weekly owner meetings.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendents to insure project is built on schedule, within budget, and meets all minority obligations.
- Manage all job administration and contract documentation with owner, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Overall management of the financial aspects of contract, including job cost reports, billings, budget changes, change order, accounts payable processing and collections.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before submitting to client.
- Effectively applies Griffith methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure to risk on project.
- Provide safety and quality control management
- Maintain accurate forecasting and management of budgets
- Managing subcontractors and project team (subordinates)
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material deliveries and contracts/subcontract administration
- Oversee document control and coordination of subcontractors
- Initialize baseline schedule and ensure accuracy/integrity of Project Schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Proven experience in the following areas:
- People management
- Strategic planning
- Risk management
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills And AbilityThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of public contract code
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in identifying changes on projects
- An understanding of production is required
- Must be proficient in project projections
- Must be proficient in Build2Win.
- Must have a thorough understanding of estimating
- Must have an understanding of time impact analysis and time related overhead
- Must have an understanding of critical path and track delays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Other requirements may apply
- Project Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management/Work-In-Progress Analysis
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)