At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 120-year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
- Plan, organize and manage the field team with the Division Manager and Estimator.
- Establish project objectives with the Division Manager.
- Implement established corporate policies and procedures, including EEO and Affirmative Action responsibilities.
- Represent company by initiating and maintaining liaison with primary owner representatives.
- Attend weekly owner meetings.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendents to insure project is built on schedule, within budget, and meets all minority obligations.
- Manage all job administration and contract documentation with owner, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Overall management of the financial aspects of contract, including job cost reports, billings, budget changes, change order, accounts payable processing and collections.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before submitting to client.
- Effectively applies Griffith methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure to risk on project.
- Provide safety and quality control management
- Maintain accurate forecasting and management of budgets
- Managing subcontractors and project team (subordinates)
- Resolution of problems involving labor disputes, material deliveries and contracts/subcontract administration
- Oversee document control and coordination of subcontractors
- Initialize baseline schedule and ensure accuracy/integrity of Project Schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree would be preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Proven experience in the following areas:
- People management
- Strategic planning
- Risk management
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills And Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of public contract code
- Excellent writing, presentation, and computer skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in identifying changes on projects
- An understanding of production is required
- Must be proficient in project projections
- Must be proficient in Build2Win.
- Must have a thorough understanding of estimating
- Must have an understanding of time impact analysis and time related overhead
- Must have an understanding of critical path and track delays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Other requirements may apply
- Project Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Highly Organized
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management/Work-In-Progress Analysis
- Results Driven
- Process Oriented
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand and walk at construction jobsites
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- Must frequently lift and move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.