Vibe with Your Mental Health, 10/10 Recommend
We get it, prioritizing your mental health can be challenging any day of the week. Between working hard, playing hard, providing for your family, building your legacy, and everything in between, it’s so easy to let your mental health slip. But neglecting your mental health is not the vibe.
So, pause, take a deep breath and don’t be afraid to ask yourself if you’re good at the end of each day. There is no shame in checking in with yourself daily to reflect, assess, and process life’s ups and downs.
Repeat after us – Self, you good?
Let’s get into it. Here are some practical, approachable, and necessary daily mental wellness tips to ensure you’re successful on and off the job site.
• Stay hydrated
• Eat healthy, regular meals
• Practice gratitude – remember who and what you are grateful for
• Prioritize sleep – it’s important to keep to a schedule (especially for those early mornings)
• Reduce phone time before bed – blue light from our screens can make it harder to get to sleep
• Get regular exercise – even just 30 min of walking (easy to do in this industry)
• Set healthy boundaries – with yourself, with others, with your commitments
• Connect – reach out to those who can give you support and help for your own well-being
Hopefully, these tips above are some helpful tools to keep in your tool belt. The most important thing to know is that you are not alone. It’s helpful to find someone that creates a safe space to openly share and be vulnerable.
Talking to someone is extremely important. With the great benefits we get in our industry, you’ll have access to mental health services such as therapy, counseling, and paid time off to help manage the day-to-day stresses of life.
Don’t let fear get in the way of you taking control of your own well-being and mental health. It takes more courage to be vulnerable and ask for help than it does to stay silent. You are important. What you go through is important. How you feel every day is important.
This Mental Health Awareness Month remember to honor all your ebbs-and- flows, prioritize your mental wellness, and if you’re one of the lucky ones to work in construction, use all of the amazing benefits available to you.
If you’re looking for a career in construction that provides plenty of activity, time outside, and a network of resources available any time you need them check out our Careers page. We’ve got 14 kickass careers to choose from!